8.19.2011

Skylar Faith turns 7!

This girl turns 7 today. She's not so little anymore! 

I do realize, that in 10 years, I'm sure that I will be looking back at THIS picture, saying the same thing.


No, she's not a baby anymore, but there is much more growing up left to do, and plenty of little girl still left within to nurture and love on. The realization flooded over me at just the right time... I crept into her room at 11:59pm. One minute until the clock struck midnight, August 19th, the day my Skylar Faith came into this world. I kissed the remnant of what once was a plump, full, rosy baby cheek, for the very last moment that I could still kiss it on 6 year old girl. Brushed her hair back, checked the clock again, and then kissed a seven year old. 

She was fast asleep, but I needed that moment with her, just as it was. I will probably never forget, I hope I don't. I hope that I continue to marvel at who she is as a person - every year, and every day. God really did bless me with an incredible child. She is so kind-hearted, loyal, patient and forgiving. 
She loves with this fullness I only wish I could tap into, it is so innocent and true. It could only come from a child, and I've really never seen anything much like it. She doesn't keep score yet. She just loves..she's going to be beautiful inside and out, and I can't wait to see how her natural born characteristics begin to develop with time. I just know she's going to make a difference in the lives of others in a big way....she already has in my own.

It is such an honor to be the mom of this girl. Time really goes by before your eyes. I can hardly remember life without her. Who am I kidding? There was no life before this girl! I was just a baby myself when I had her, and we've both grown together in these past seven years. She taught me what true, unconditional love is...that sacrifice is nothing without someone to sacrifice for. I can honestly say I'm a better person for having this girl in my life. I can only hope that she will say the same of me someday. Until then, I'm going to celebrate her life, help her prepare for her future, and keep kissing those cheeks as long as she'll let me.

No comments: