10.06.2011

Leading Ladies

 I felt the calling to start a women's small group at Freedom with my friend Teresa. Up until last night, I was wondering whether or not I was just nuts. Those feelings of doubt and insecurity crept in, and left me feeling completely inadequate to move forward. Was I spiritual enough for this? Can I lead people who are further in their walk than I am? Do I have it in me to be as transparent enough to lead a discussion full of real life issues women face daily?

I still don't know the answers to those questions, but I do know this, it really doesn't matter what I think, or question for that matter. I don't even have the right to question! God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called. How profound! I don't have to work for it. I don't have to reach this particular milestone I have set out for myself before moving forward. I can just rest in knowing my God in heaven has called me to do this, and that means I'm ready, whether I think so or not.

And although I was feeling inadequate, that could never supersede the feelings of excitement and gratitude I had by being given the chance to do this. I have an incredible woman of God to lean on, and I could not be more excited to do this with her. The ladies in our group are incredible, and I am so BLESSED to call them my friends. We had a great discussion! There were laughs, there were cries, but most importantly, there was the chance to love others, and love Jesus, and that's exactly what we did. God showed up and showed off last night! Can't wait until next week so He can do it again!

No comments: